2008년 12월 5일 금요일

MACBETH #3


Is there a personal incident in your life you wish could erase? Envision Lady Macbeth wringing her hands, unable to get the imaginary blood off of them. She is haunted by her participation in the grisly deed. Do you think her response is plausible? Do you think you could be consumed with guilt yourself if you found yourself wrapped up in such a heinous crime?

I don’t really believe in regrets. All my experiences, even the ones that didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to, I firmly believe they were all worth it. For example, choosing to do IB diploma was at first a “terrible decision,” but I now know that it was worthwhile (by no means I’m saying that the process became easier). However, the situation Lady Macbeth was in is a tad different than mine. Personally I think it is impossible to imagine the guilt and fear Lady Macbeth was feeling without actually participating in the crime, but with my very limited perspective, I think her reaction is very plausible. When I was little I remember my two brothers (the loving brothers they are) forced me to see the movie Chucky knowing very well that I am not a fan of horror movies. Ever since that unfortunate incident I had nightmares for two years. I sleepwalked frequently, and couldn’t go to sleep without any light. The memory of Chucky’s face haunted me night after night. Even now as an eighteen-year-old, I still can’t see images of that repulsive face. Now, if I can’t look at a picture of a twisted doll because of one traumatic experience, I can’t even imagine the guilt and fear I would feel if I was wrapped up in a heinous crime like Lady Macbeth. I’d probably end up in a same road as hers-death.

댓글 없음: